Companies can return assets from the compensation fund of SRO
The Town Planning Code of the Russian Federation has been amended concerning the activities of self-regulating organizations (SRO) in the fields of construction, engineering surveys and architectural-and-construction design, as well as members of these SROs.
Amendments to the Town Planning Code were adopted by the Federal Law No. 447-FZ dated 30.12.2021.
The changes came into force on January 1, 2022.
- Members of SRO are able to return assets contributed to the compensation fund if SRO is excluded from the State Register of Self-Regulating Organizations.
- Construction companies are now free to transfer contributions to newly created SROs in regions where previously there were no SROs. There are 11 such regions in Russia.
- National self-regulating associations should return assets from the compensation fund to those companies that were excluded from SRO as a result of the 2017 reform.
The provisions of the Law No. 447-FZ come into force on September 1, 2022:
- On the mandatory independent assessment of qualifications for specialists involved in the organization of works in the field of construction, engineering surveys and architectural-and-construction design. Information about these organizations should be entered in the National Register of Specialists.
- On the launch of the Unified Register of Members of Self-Regulating Organizations and their obligations. The Register will create conditions for simplifying procedures set by public procurement and monitoring the execution of public contracts by SROs.
Users of the Information and Analytical system Globas have the opportunity to get all available information, including history data, about all self-regulating organizations and their members using the tool "Filters + SRO".