Federal Tax Service will stop the supervision over the self-regulatory organizations of gambling organizers
Federal Law No. 493-FZ from 30.12.2020 abolished the mandatory membership of gambling organizers in self-regulatory organizations of gambling organizers in betting houses and sweepstakes.
In accordance with the Law above and the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 652 from 26.04.2021, a public not-for-profit organization "Unified Gambling Regulator" was founded; the organization is established to ensure the implementation of the legislation on state regulation of this activity.
To achieve this goal, the company has the following rights:
- to establish entities, to acquire, own or dispose of equity interests or shares;
- to invest temporarily available funds and issue bonds;
- to carry out income-generating activity.
The company is obliged to oversee the gambling organizers using the information system, which was created to provide automated transmission, reception, registration, processing, accounting, accumulation and storage of the following data:
- accepted bets, including interactive bets,
- bets amount, date and time of their acceptance,
- events and betting rules,
- winnings amount to be paid,
- paid and unpaid winnings,
- returned bets which were not played,
- cash payments in gambling houses,
- form of payment with the gambling participants, including use of cash
- transfer of funds, including digital money, from gambling participants to gambling organizers and from gambling organizers to gambling participants, with provision of real-time data on such transactions to the Unified Gambling Regulator.
In this regard, according to the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 638 from 24.04.2021, regulations that oblige the Federal Tax Service of the Russian Federation to oversee this area will become invalid from September 27, 2021.
All data on activities of more than 14 thousand casinos, slot machine halls, betting houses, sweepstakes, and lottery organizations is available in the Information and Analytical system Globas.