Amendments to the parts one and two of the Tax code of the Russian Federation and the certain legislative acts are made by the Federal Law No. 374-FZ dated 23.11.2020.
The Law provides a number of measures aimed at improving tax administration as well as clarifies some provisions on payment of taxes, excise taxes and state duties.
Among main changes related to the legal entities are:
- since January 1, 2020, not only property, but also property rights transferred free of charge from a subsidiary or an individual with a share of at least 50% are put out of company’s income;
- since November 23, 2020, it is established that the transport tax benefit is granted from the tax period when the payer became eligible for the benefit, not from the moment when the tax authorities learned about it;
- power of attorney standard on reporting to the tax authorities entered into force on November 23, 2020. The Federal Tax Service of the Russian Federation must approve the new form and electronic format of the power of attorney and the rules for its submission to the Inspectorate;
- since January 1, 2021, it is established that in respect of a destroyed taxable object, the calculation of property tax is terminated from the 1st day of the month of destruction on the basis of the relevant application submitted by the taxpayer to the tax authority by its own choice;
- data on movable property should be revealed in the property tax return;
- the procedure for forming the remaining value of intangible assets, which is defined as the difference between their original value and the amount of depreciation accrued during the period of operation, is established;
- the financial platform operators are exempt from VAT;
- a state fee of 35000 rubles is set for filling data on legal entities in the register of financial platform operators;
- the procedure for taxation of dividends and income from securities transaction are clarified;
- the rules for applying the investment tax deduction when paying income tax are clarified; application of extended interest rate limits on debt obligations is extended until the end of 2021;
- in order to apply the reduced rates of insurance premiums, the criteria for income share calculation for IT companies are clarified;
- since July 1, 2021, the tax returns will be considered as unreported if the fact of signing by unauthorized persons or non-complaining of their indicators with standards will be found. For such cases, the features of termination and resumption of desk audit were established.
Information agency Credinform presents a ranking of Russian companies on unified tax on imputed income. The largest companies (TOP-10) in terms of annual revenue were selected according to the data from the Statistical Register for the available periods (2017-2019). Then the companies were ranged by loan protection factor (Table 1). The analysis was based on the data from the Information and Analytical system Globas.
The recommended value is >1. No indicator value indicates that the company does not have borrowed funds, therefore, no interest payable to creditors. However, it may not always be the evidence of general well-being as credit resources are necessary for a successful business growth.
In order to get the most comprehensive and fair picture of the financial standing of an enterprise, it is necessary to pay attention to all combination of financial indicators and ratios.
|Name, INN, region||Revenue, million RUB||Net profit (loss), million RUB||Loan protection factor (x), >1||Solvency index Globas|
INN 0273028277 Republic of Bashkortostan
|12 329||15 624||2||8||1,48||5,77||233 Strong|
|JSC PHARMACEUTICAL IMPORT, EXPORT
INN 7710106212 Moscow
|31 118||35 558||371||417||5,43||4,80||202 Strong|
|OOO TK RESURS-YUG
INN 2303024188 Moscow
|45 528||52 257||285||29||2,58||1,56||258 Medium|
INN 7714709349 Moscow
|23 868||30 160||-2 448||334||-1,40||1,45||247 Strong|
INN 2801013238 Amur region
|17 709||14 845||21||13||1,19||1,15||272 Medium|
|OJSC ILE DE BEAUTE
INN 7707061530 Moscow
|19 863||19 879||-462||-247||-0,77||0,12||305 Adequate|
INN 5029086747 Moscow region
|21 989||22 943||509||202||42,58||220 Strong|
|JSC NC ROSNEFT – SMOLENKNEFTEPRODUKT
INN 6730017336 Smolensk region
|19 360||20 825||-514||358||208 Strong|
|LLC MONEKS TRADING
INN 7710323601 Moscow
|17 248||17 152||-978||-252||263 Medium|
INN 4822000201 Lipetsk region
|14 433||14 618||21||604||296 Medium|
|Average value for TOP-10 companies||22 345||24 386||-319||147||7,30||2,47|
|Average value for TOP-1000 companies||1 669||1 721||33||43||340,03||56,75|
improvement compared to prior period, decline compared to prior period
Average value of loan protection factor of TOP-10 is lower than the average value of TOP-1000. Three companies out of six have improved their values in 2019 comparing to the previous period.
During 6 years, average values of loan protection factor had a tendency to decrease. (Picture 2).