Information agency Credinform has prepared a ranking of the largest Russian shipbuilding enterprises. The largest enterprises (TOP-10) in terms of annual revenue were selected according to the data from the Statistical Register for the available periods (2015-2017). Then the companies were ranged by loan protection factor (Table 1). The analysis was based on the data from the Information and Analytical system Globas.
The recommended value is >1. No indicator value indicates that the company does not have borrowed funds, therefore, no interest payable to creditors. However, it may not alsways be the evidence of general well-being as credit resources are necessary for successful business growth.
For the most full and fair opinion about the company’s financial position the whole set of financial indicators and ratios should be taken into account.
|Name, INN, region||Revenue, million RUB||Net profit (loss), million RUB||Loan protection factor (x), >1||Solvency index Globas|
|JSC PO Sevmash
INN 2902059091 Arkhangelsk region
|Baltic Shipyard JSC
INN 7830001910 Saint Petersburg
|JSC Admiralty Shipyard
INN 7839395419 Saint Petersburg
|JSC Zelenodolsk Plant named after A.M. Gorky
INN 1648013442 Republic of Tatarstan
|JSC LENINGRAD SHIPYARD PELLA
INN 4706000296 Leningrad region
|JSC VYBORG SHIPYARD
INN 4704012874 Leningrad region
|JSC UNITED SHIPBUILDING CORPORATION
INN 7838395215 Saint Petersburg
|JSC AMUR SHIPBUILDING PLANT
INN 2703000015 Khabarovsk region
|JSC SHIPBUILDING PLANT SEVERNAYA VERF
INN 7805034277 Saint Petersburg
|JSC Shipyard Yantar
INN 3900000111 Kaliningrad region
|Total for TOP-10 companies||221754||268091||324951||222||11968||1850|
|Average value for TOP-10 companies||22175||26809||32495||22||1197||185||0,26||-7,25||10,09|
|Average industry value||2844||7618||20||301||1,21||2,00|
(*) 2018 data is for the reference
growth of indicator in comparison with prior period, decline of indicator in comparison with prior period.
Average value of loan protection factor for TOP-10 companies is lower than 2017 average industry value. In 2018 only one company improved the result.
Within 10 years, the average industry indicators of the loan protection factor showed the growing tendency. (Picture 2).
There will be an official list of professional participants of the foreign trade in Russia. This is the subject of an Action plan to accredit the Single Window information system developed by the Russian export center as the federal state information system. The Action plan was approved by the Government decree No. 1661-p from July 26, 2019.
The plan provides, inter alia, for the development of two draft laws:
1) the law establishing the legal status of the Single Window information system as the federal state information source to ensure online interactions of participants of the foreign economic activity with public authorities, foreign exchange control bodies and other organizations.
This will allow to:
- control over foreign economic activities;
- provide public and other services;
- form statistic data in the foreign trade.
2) the law amending the Federal law “On currency regulation and currency control” for the purpose of addition for the Single Window users of the points below:
- mandatory submission of the authorities and foreign exchange control bodies of confirming electronic data, including documents and data concerning foreign exchange transactions with the posting timeframe depending on the transactions type;
- remove the obligation to provide hard copies of confirming documents and data on each foreign exchange transaction placed in the Single Window system;
- providing the option to link payments on foreign contracts with confirming documents and data in accordance with statutory periods and regulations of the Central bank of Russia;
- providing the option to monitor periods for submission of confirming documents and data to the authorities and foreign exchange control bodies, and to provide information support for participants of the foreign trade.