When identifying the level of social and economic development at international comparison of the countries, the universal indicator of GDP per capita is used. However, it is not always accurate. There are countries with low GDP per capita, and high life expectancy.
For example, life expectancy at birth in Cuba is 79,1 years, when in the USA it is 77,8 years. Cuba has high level of available medicine and education. Therefore, the wealth of the country does not always determine the quality of life of its inhabitants.
In this regard, Human Development Index as more objective indicator was developed.
In comparison for 2018, Russia’s HDI is 0,816, which corresponds to the very high human development level. In TOP-20 largest economies, our country is ranked 11th by HDI. Germany is the leader in this regard: at GNI (PPP) almost equal to the Russia’s one, Germany’s HDI is 0,936 (see Table 1).
|Rank||Country||Human Development Index in 2018||GNI (PPP), trillion dollars, 2019||Rank by GNI|
|1||Germany||VERY HIGH||0,936||4 444||5|
|4||Great Britain||0,922||3 131||9|
|6||Republic of Korea||0,903||2 320||14|
|10||Saudi Arabia||0,8533||1 899||17|
Source: International Monetary Fund, Human development report (UN), calculations by Credinform
Being the largest economy, China is ranked the 17th and is inferior to Russia and most of TOP-20 participants by HDI.
Despite being the third largest economy, India closes the ranking. The country have a long way to increase wellbeing of inhabitants and introduction of mass education.
Picture 1 demonstrates the dependence of GNI (PPP) on HDI.
The presented ranking method is being criticized because of formal approach and small number of indicators for calculation. It bears remembering the difference in access to data, while income level, education and life expectancy are one of the most universal indicators describing the societal development.
As a part of the national program «Digital economy» project of the Decree of the Government of Russia «Regulation on Digital analytical platform for providing statistical data» was prepared and presented for consideration.
The aim of founding Digital analytical platform (DAP) is automation of production and distribution process of statistical data. DAP is presented by developers as complex of information, technology, legal and methodological support means.
It is expected that in the process of introduction of the platform accounting load on respondents will be decreased and budget costs on statistical data production will be minimized, users of the platform will be satisfied with statistical data and its` distribution volume will increase. Statistical data services will be more available and convenient. The Federal State Statistics Service (Rosstat) is defined as operator of the platform.
Operation of the platform should provide all users with:
- momentariness of data provision (incl. statistical) online to all governmental authorities and local government;
- possibility to build and use analytical indicators (incl. traditional statistical) for governmental control, using available primary statistical data base considering changing information requirements;
- provision of all data, both by respondents and user requests, only in electronic machine-readable form;
- simultaneous usage of data of different origin on a real-time basis (e.g., data of statistical census and inquiries, accounts to state authorities, alternative and open information sources), that allows to control process of economic management on the basis of complete information;
- integration of financial, statistical and tax accounts;
- possibility to upload by respondents via “one-stop window” different types of accounts, integrated with platforms and information systems of the authorities of executive power and local self-government.
The following stages of development and introduction of DAP are expected:
|2020 - 2023||Unified register of statistical forms and indicators
Unified register of respondents
Automated information system of the Federal plan of statistical works
|2021 - 2023||Unified statistical data storage|
|2024||Unified technology for data collection, processing and analyze
Switch to stream data collection